Shield Engineering’s Environmental Group is seeking an entry level geologist. Duties the first year would be heavily weighted (80%) toward environmental field sampling with the aim of transitioning to more office work the second year and beyond. Most of Shield’s work is in the Carolinas, Tennessee and Virginia. This position is a salaried position located in our Charlotte, NC headquarters, reporting to our Environmental Group Leader.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform a variety of environmental field sampling
- Thorough field documentation
- Evaluation of laboratory analytical data from various media
- Hydrogeologic evaluation of environmentally impacted sites during assessment and remediation
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Geology or related science
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Office and field environment - requires walking, moderate lifting, and exposure to temperature, and noise
- Sampling contaminated media
- Procedural and process-oriented structure, due to strict regulatory requirements
- Routine day travel; periodic overnight travel
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply apply online below.