About Shield Engineering
Shield provides Environmental, Forensic Engineering, Engineering Design, Geotechnical Engineering, and Emergency Spill Management, as well as a host of other professional services. Shield provides services to clients throughout the southeastern United States with offices in Charlotte, North Carolina and Knoxville, Tennessee.
Shield Engineering was founded in 1988 as an environmental consulting firm involved predominantly with petroleum-related remediation. Over time, we expanded and grew our environmental practice and in 2000 acquired Geo-Environmental Consultants, a geotechnical engineering firm. This acquisition provided Shield with a natural platform for service line expansion and geographic growth.
A few things to know about Shield…
- We have been headquartered in North Carolina for over 30 years.
- Shield is registered as a Professional Engineering and Geological firm in North Carolina and Tennessee
- Shield has worked on over 50 industrial facilities; 75 municipal, industrial, and private landfills; 150 petroleum projects; and 70 dry cleaning sites
- Shield is a Registered Environmental Consultant (REC) in North Carolina
- Our Technical Staff averages 20 years of experience
Our approach is straightforward.
We provide quality, technically-sound services in a cost-effective manner. Shield's professional staff is comprised of highly-skilled and experienced engineers, geologists, and environmental scientists, and most are registered in their fields of technical expertise.
We are eager to put our skills to use on your next project. Call us today to find out how Shield can help you meet your engineering needs.